Education & Training
Education & Training
Given that People are the foundation of the logistics and transport sector, CILT Egypt places special emphasis on the creation of a pool of professionals possessing the skills and knowledge base as well as the standards necessary to run a modern logistics and transport sector.
In this context CILT Egypt oversees and provides support to certified training providers offering the CILT Professional Education Programme as well as organizes train the trainers (TTT) courses for professionals wishing to participate in the delivery of CILT qualifications. CILT Egypt also organizes short training seminars, workshops and courses on topics of special interest to the industry.
CILT Qualifications offer professionals a thorough understanding and knowledge of logistics and transport management. While the following courses are delivered locally, Certificates and Diplomas are awarded by CILT headquarters in London, U.K. In addition, all students completing CILT professional qualifications must be affiliate students of CILT Egypt Council and be registered on the CILT international database.
- International Introductory Certificate in Logistics and Transport: This qualification was developed in 2011 in response to a market need for a foundation-type introductory course. It gives a basic grounding in transport and logistics and covers the following key areas:
- Mandatory Units: Introduction to Logistics, Introduction to Customer Service and Marketing
- Optional Units: Introduction to Freight Transport Services, Introduction to Passenger Transport Services, Introduction to Warehousing and Inventory, Introduction to Purchasing, Introduction to Planning and Operation of Freight Transport, Introdustion to Planning and Operating Passenger Transport
- The CILT International Certificate, is an excellent introductory qualification particularly suited for new entrants, supervisors and first line managers. It was first developed in 2006 and modified in 2011 to take account of the changing profile of the global transport and logistics sector. The course covers the following areas:
- Mandatory Units: Business Theory, Business Application
- Optional Units: Warehousing, Inventory, Passenger Transport Operations, Procurement, Freight Transport Operations, Supply Chain Operations, Transport Planning, Green Logistics, Global Logistics, Port Operations.
- The CILT Professional Diploma is of benefit to those in middle management positions who seek to develop a more strategic view of logistics and transport operations. It covers the following areas:
- Mandatory modules: Managing transport and logistics operations, Managing Resources, Transport Economics and Finance, Logistics and Supply Chain, Inventory and Warehouse Management, Passenger Transport
- CILT Advanced Diploma gives senior executives and leaders strategic management and decision - making skills to assist them in their management role. It covers the following mandatory areas of study.
- Management and Leadership covering organisational and cultural dimensions, leadership, collaboration and ethical management.
- The Strategic Environment for Logistics and Transport covering society and sustainability, government and politics, economics and finance, risk and contingency planning.
- Organisational Level Planning in Logistics and Transport covering vision and strategy, transportation planning, delivering customer service, innovation and change, supply chain performance.
- Research Methodology and Work-based Project
In addition, CILT Egypt organizes short courses covering all skills required to effectively run logistics and transport activities.